Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Project Wednesday!

It is Project Wednesday here at The Shabby!  Today we are featuring a customer project.  Marilyn Perry created this colorful quilt for her granddaughter's 11th birthday!  Marilyn used fabrics from the Lakehouse Fun Flowers collection.  Here is what Marilyn had to say about the project:


The design of the quilt was based on a quilt in the 2010 quilt calendar by That Patchwork Place, designed by Cynthia Tomaszewski. I redesigned the hearts so that I could digitize them in my Bernina software for machine applique. I also digitized her initials from Bernina software. The embroidered flowers and butterflies are from Amazing Designs.

The design used Bernina Version 6 software. The sewing was done on a Bernina 830 and 240. The quilting was done on an HQ16 mid arm machine.


I really had fun doing the project and your fabrics worked out perfectly!

Thank you so much for sharing, Marilyn! 


We'd love to see YOUR projects using your purchases from Shabby Fabrics!  Email photos and a brief description to julie@shabbyfabrics.com

All submissions will be entered to win one of two gift baskets filled with fabrics, patterns, and more!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,
    What a fun and sweet quilt Marilyn made for her Grand-daughter. I love the colors and the prints. Just looking at this quilt puts a smile on my face,its bright and young and I'm sure her Grand-daughter is just thrilled.
    My Grand-daughter just asked me to make her a quilt..I love the initials and just might borrow her idea...Hehehe
    A great post.
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is so adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us!
    Linda
    homesweetquiltinghome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog - love your quilts.
    You are SEW talented.
    thanks for sharing them.
    Sharon
    The "BabyquiltLady"

    ReplyDelete