Thursday, August 11, 2011

Project Wednesday! (one day late...)

Today we have some darling projects made by Margarita of Puerto Rico using fabrics from the Lakehouse Fun Flowers collection. Here is what Margarita had to say about her designs:

"I am not a sewer per se. I worked for 26 years in a pharmaceutical company and my department closed in 2008. My sister has a sewing studio in Puerto Rico and she told me to help her out at the store as a part time job. I reminded her I was not good sewing, so I started managing the newsletter of the store and then helped the clients to install their software for their embroidery machines. Then I helped giving free demonstrations to the clients of some of the products we sell at the store. Then I started making some of my creations and I gave free tutorials of them as well.

The pincushion bracelet and the butterfly are my creations."


 We'd love to see YOUR projects using your purchases from Shabby Fabrics! Email photos and a brief description to julie@shabbyfabrics.com

All submissions will be entered to win one of two gift baskets filled with fabrics, patterns, and more! 

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Jennifer! I love the creations from your reader in Puerto Rico. Her designs are so, so cute! As always thank you so much for sharing! Many blessings, Debbie

    P.S. Your patterns are a big hit at the shop where I work, Cozy Quilt Shop, and I so enjoy hearing the comments that come across the counter. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving that wrist pin cushion! And all of the flower designs! Thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! These creations are so delightful I would love to make several of each. They would be perfect for our very small Womens Ministry because we are a new church and we're trying to get a craft group together. Some want to quilt, some want to do other little craft things and these little treasures would be sure to please everyone. So...I'm going to see if I can find your patterns/tutorials to offer up as a suggestion. Thank you so much for sharing. Big Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love the pin cushion ideas! I would also like to find/buy the pattern if at all possible... can you provide a link please
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete