Wednesday, November 2, 2011

International Quilt Market Weekend Recap

Howdy from Houston everyone! I reckon the time has come to share with you all of the fun things I experienced this past weekend!

Friday was a whirlwind of a day spent putting the finishing touches on our booth, preparing from Sample Spree, and having a traditional Texas BBQ dinner at Rachel Ashwell's ranch. Lynn arrived Friday afternoon to help us put the finishing touches on our booth. Once the booth was near completion I headed out to prepare for dinner. Lynn and Dave spent their Friday evening working a very busy Sample Spree. While Lynn and Dave were at Sample Spree holding down the fort, I boarded a chartered bus and headed to Rachel's ranch.


The food was amazing, and her ranch was absolutely gorgeous. Rachel Ashwell, much like myself has a taste for all things shabby and beautiful. Many of you may be familiar with Rachel's most recent collection of fabrics Garden Rose.
Saturday morning we woke up early and headed to the convention center again for the first full day of Quilt Market. Lynn, Dave, and I spent the morning talking to shop owners.
                       


I was paid a visit from Rinske Stevens, one of our international distributors.



Rachel Ashwell also stopped by our booth.
I spent a lot of time in meetings Saturday afternoon with distributors reviewing the newest fabrics collections. By the time I had finished my meetings on Saturday it was time for the Moda dinner. Lynn, Dave, and I all went and had a wonderful evening.

On Sunday when the traffic was a little slower at the convention center I made my way around to some of your favorite designers. My first stop was Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs. Anne's newest pattern Merry, Merry Snowmen is one of our newest block of the month programs.












After I left Anne Sutton I headed on to The Quilt Company. Many of your favorite patterns are from The Quilt Company. Little Red Barns BOM, Cottage Charm, Lovebird Lane. Their newest pattern will be a Block Of the Month that we will offer as well, it is called Carrot Patch.
                                                                                              
 Here is a look at a new Block Of the Month that we will offer called Vintage Rouge, this program will start in May.





 I stopped by and saw Marti Michell, she's the creator of the Perfect Patchwork Template Sets that many of you use when completing Patchwork Party.









I was also able to see Pearl Pearl P. Pereira who is the designer of the wonderful American Album blocks. Pearl had a finished blocks hanging in her booth that were so beautiful.
I found the most lovely ruffle fabric that we will start to carry in our shop soon. I also found three very beautiful quilts that we will start to offer as kits in the coming months.


It's time for me to go get ready for Quilt Festival. Lynn and Dave have already started preparations. Check back soon for more updates. Have a great week y'all!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment