Thursday, March 8, 2012

National Craft Month!

Did you know March is National Craft Month? With 56 percent of households crafting at least one project a year, the Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) is celebrating the 18th annual National Craft Month. Running the entire month of March, National Craft Month was started in 1994 as a way to help people discover the joy of crafting and all its many benefits. National Craft Month has grown from a handful of retailers and manufacturers into an international celebration of creativity with millions of participants.

We asked the girls in the shop what their favorite types of crafts were and here's what they had to say:

Lynn: Embroidery and making picture books for her children
Julie: Making homemade cards, paper collages, and cross stitch
Tiffany: Making homemade cards, just starting to knit
Holly: Scrapbooking
Brittany: Jewelry making and making accessories to wear with her outfits
Heather: Photography, and photo collage making
Dominique: Painting with shaving cream using different colors, and scrapbooking
Tanya: Drawing and stenciling
Dave: Model making

In celebration of National Craft Month, Shabby Fabrics will be offering 20% off all trims and ric rac for the entire month! You can check out our selection here!

Now it's your turn to tell us about your favorite craft. What is something crafty you love to do besides quilting?

Happy Crafting!
Jen

9 comments:

  1. I like embroidery, crocheting, and knitting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrapbooking & Cross stitch

    P.S. What about yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think my sketching would probably be it. I love to sketch animals. I have sketches of my several of my pets, past and present, and I'm starting to sketch birds. I love to sketch eyes also. Different peoples eyes. I can get them down pretty good, I just can't sketch the face around them, LOL. Go figure! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. making cards, crochet and knitting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making wood crafts. Mostly Christmas items. My home is full during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making wood crafts. Mostly Christmas items. My home is full during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also an avid cross stitcher. I LOVE stitching samplers, and have lots of them either on my walls or in the works. I have to have some sort of hand work going. I guess that's why I love to applique....gotta love hand work!

    ReplyDelete