Many of you have been asking for a BOM that has just piecing, no applique. The Daphne BOM is your answer! This 64" square quilt features 16 pieced blocks that will give you the chance to practice your piecing skills. Squares and half-square triangles are used (watch our YouTube tutorial on creating perfect half-square triangles using Star Singles template paper).
If you like a bit of applique in your quilts, I've also designed the Keepsake Heart BOM. This quilt features 12 pieced blocks surrounding an appliqued center. This is a great way to venture into the world of applique! If you're unsure of your applique skills, watch our YouTube tutorials on applique.
We will be offering the appliqued center block of this BOM in two ways: Traditional and Laser Cut. Choose traditional if you would like to use the applique technique shown in the YouTube tutorial. If you're new to applique, prefer fusible applique, or just want to save some time, choose the Laser Cut option. Your center block fabrics will arrive to you pre-cut, backed with fusible webbing, and ready to go! All you have to do is peel off the backing paper, place the fabrics on your background, iron, and stitch in place. See our Laser Cut YouTube Tutorial to see how easy it is!
|Keepsake Heart BOM|
Both of these Block of the Month programs begin in December and run for 8 months. Space is limited due to fabric availability, so join us today!
We're having a giveaway to help launch these BOMs! You have many ways to enter:
1. Follow us on Facebook and leave a comment below letting us know you've done so.
2. Follow us on Twitter and leave a comment below letting us know you've done so.
3. Follow our blog and leave a comment below letting us know you've done so.
4. Join our email list and leave a comment below letting us know you've done so.
5. Follow us on YouTube and leave a comment below letting us know you've done so.
6. Follow us on Pinterest and leave a comment below letting us know you've done so.
7. Share this blog post on Facebook, Twitter, or your own blog and leave a comment below letting us know you've done so.
You can enter up to 7 times. Please leave a separate comment for each entry.
You must leave your email address or use an account with an email address so we can contact you if you win! Entries valid through Friday, September 20, at 12:00 noon Pacific time.
Three people will each win a $25 gift certificate to ShabbyFabrics.com!