Friday, January 2, 2015

Pantone Color of the Year 2015: Marsala

Pantone Color of the Year, Marsala | Shabby Fabrics

The new color of the year from Pantone is Marsala! If you're not sure what the heck I am talking about, allow me to fill you in! Annually, since 2000, the popular paint company has been announcing a "color of the year" based on popular trends that have been predicted. It's decided on after a two-day international debate and is used by fashion designers, florists, interior decorators, and all sorts of other design industry professionals to help guide their color decisions for the year.

This year's color is a rich burgundy that got it's name from a similarly colored wine of the same moniker: Marsala. The red-brown tone is incredibly versatile and can be both dramatic and subdued depending on the situation. Check out some of the beautiful Marsala color pairings that Pantone has come up with.
Pantone Color of the Year, Marsala | Shabby Fabrics

Leatrice Eiseman, the Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute provided a wonderful summary of this year's color of the year:
"This hearty, yet stylish tone is universally appealing and translates easily to fashion, beauty, industrial design, home furnishings and interiors"
At Shabby Fabrics we have an amazing range of fabric colors and Marsala is definitely a part of our rainbow. Here are a few of my favorite fabrics that feature this 2015 favorite:

Click on a swatch to be taken to a specific fabric (while supplies last) or see a full list at the end of this post.
https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/ https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/ https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/ https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/ Image Map
Hand Spray by RJR Fabrics
Country French by Maywood Studio Fabrics
Shadow Play by Maywood Studio Fabrics
Richmond Red- Rosy Pink by Barbara Brackman for Moda Fabrics


What do you think of the new Color of the Year? Let us know in the comments below!

8 comments:

  1. I'm really not convinced, lol! But then again, I've never really a brown/maroon type of person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of people on the fence about this one!

      Delete
  2. I love this color! I have always loved wines and reds best! I could so do my whole house in this color! Lol, oh wait it is about this color now !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the richness and intensity of this color! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a pretty color, but I would need to pair it with something more "happy".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just signed up for a Marsala swap in Instagram so I will be happily embracing this color. I plan to use it as a neutral/background.

    ReplyDelete